Monday, December 30, 2013

bolero/vest/shrug progress

Getting a start on the fill-in motifs.  I have decided to drop the yellow and go with all one color.  Day or so to get this part done, find and add the right button, then I'll write it up and see how successful I am at explaining things.  It's really easy.  The only tricky part was the chain along the edge for the sc border.

For this one I used some size 5 thread I have in that overwhelming stash and a size 3.5mm hook.  The resulting piece is a small/medium.  The duct tape dress form is made to fit my youngest who is a size 4.  I imagine a larger one could be easily made just by using thicker yarn rather than figuring out how many blocks to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment